The second novel in the 150th Anniversary of the Lincoln Assassination Series is scheduled for release in three weeks, The Lincoln Assassination – The Pursuit and Capture of John Wilkes Booth and the Trial of Davy Herold.
In today’s post, I would like to take a snip of the book from the Introduction…WHO AM I?
Who Am I? – God has Bestowed Many Blessings on Me. He Has Shown Me if I Fall Down, I Can Still Get Up!
HE SAYS I have a proneness for quoting scripture. If I should do so now, it occurs that perhaps he places himself somewhat upon the ground of the parable of the lost sheep which went astray upon the mountains, and when the owner of the hundred sheep found the one that was lost, and threw it upon his shoulders, and came home rejoicing, it was said that there was more rejoicing over the one sheep that was lost and had been found, than over the ninety and nine in the fold.
Verily I say unto you, there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, than over ninety and nine just persons who need no repentance. The Reverend Ada Slaton Bonds in an earlier novel entitled Faith – Seventy Times Seven, spoke weekly on repenting, leading all other women into the Louisiana Presbytery as the first ordained woman minister in the State of Louisiana.
- When I was seven years old, my family and I were forced out of our home on a legal technicality (unclear land titles and court litigation)
- When I was nine years old, my mother died from milk sickness
- I was a rather shy boy and had to go to work to help the family make a living.
- At the age of twenty-two, I lost my job as a store clerk. I was trying to make enough money to go to law school, but my education wasn’t good enough.
- At the age of twenty-three, I joined a friend and we began a general store in New Salem. Three years later he died and left me with a failing business that took me years to repay the debt.
- I met a wonderful woman at the age of twenty-four and when I asked her to marry me four years later, she refused and walked out on my life.
- At the age of thirty-seven, I was finally elected to the United States Congress, having lost two times before.
- At thirty-nine, I ran for Congress again and lost.
- Following my reelection attempt, I had a complete nervous breakdown.
- At forty-one years of age, adding to my heartache of an unhappy marriage, my four year old son died.
- At forty-two I ran for the Land Office and lost.
- At forty-five, I ran for the United States Senate and lost.
- At forty-eight, I ran for the Vice President of the United States and lost.
- At forty-nine, I ran for the United States Senate and lost.
- Again, at fifty years of age, I ran for the United States Senate and lost, again.
- At fifty-one years of age, I ran for the President of the United States and won.
WHO AM I?
PRE-RELEASE OF BOOK 2 – THE PURSUIT AND CAPTURE OF JOHN WILKES BOOTH AND TRIAL OF DAVY HEROLD SCHEDULED FOR MIDNIGHT JUNE 29, 2015. AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW AT AMAZON.COM BY SEAN E. JACOBS.